# cefjacksontn – Dear friends of CEF. We need your help. Please read this article completely with a prayerful and generous heart. Within a few days, you have an opportunity to make a significant impact for the sake of the children of Jackson and West Tennessee. We generally do not ask for your financial help in such a direct way, but this year we are facing a significant budget shortfall. The #GivingTuesday campaign is a way to help lessen or eliminate that shortfall. The #GivingTuesday campaign is not something that we created, but it is something that we can participate in. Below, we will list various website links to help you learn about all the details.
However, here is what you need to know with regard to this giving campaign and how it could affect CEF of Greater Jackson:
- #GivingTuesday is an International day of giving that happens on November 27th, 2018 (for us, starting at 7 a.m.).
- Facebook and PayPal have joined together to give $7,000,000 (MILLION) in matching gifts that day – until the money runs out.
- These gifts must be made through our Facebook page, which is here: https://www.facebook.com/cefjacksontn (look for the blue “Donate” button under the header image)
- Facebook will process the donation, send you a receipt, and give us 100% of the proceeds. They do not charge a fee to handle the transactions.
- To have the best chance for your donation to be matched, please try to make your gift on our Facebook page as soon as you can after 7 a.m. CST on November 27th.
- Please give whatever you feel led to give and consider sharing this with your friends. If you create a fundraiser on Facebook for us and share it with your network of Facebook friends, the impact could be huge! The matching donation opportunity will apply to ALL donations made on our behalf until the $7 million runs out. Please do this.
- See the video below to learn more.
What if I don’t have Facebook?
We understand that not everybody has a Facebook account. The possibility for the matching donation must come through Facebook. However, if you simply want to make an end of the year donation to us through other means, we would be grateful. You can use one of the following methods:
- Go to our normal online giving page here to send a donation to us.
- Mail us a donation to:
CEF of Greater Jackson
P.O. Box 10532
Jackson, TN 38308
Video Instructions Screencast
What will the money be used for?
First of all, we hope to raise enough funds to give a few gifts to the children who attend our Good News Clubs, both in Madison and Henry counties. We currently have about 180 children enrolled in GNC’s and if we could spend $10 per child, that would be $1800. We would like to give them a knit cap, gloves, a few school supplies, and a little candy. The end result will depend upon the monies that are raised. Additionally, as mentioned above, we are facing a significant shortfall in our annual budget. We are praying to raise enough money to address both needs. We will do our best to utilize your gifts in the best way possible.
- #GivingTuesday, official website: https://www.givingtuesday.org
- Our CEF of Greater Jackson Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cefjacksontn
- Facebook “Fundraiser” page which has lots of information about #GivingTuesday and how you can start a fundraiser on our behalf: https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers
God bless you and thank you!